Heritage Vancouver Site – Vancouver Motors
Architects Townley and Matheson built this Heritage structure in 1925 as the first home for Vancouver Motors. It is a fine example of a commercial building of that era. It is a modest three story building that has the flair of the Art Deco style with cast cement decorative pilasters and ornamental medallions that accent the window bays. Later it became home to Dominion Motors.
It was converted to an office supply store in 1996 with changes to the windows, extensive seismic upgrading, interior renovations and upgrading of the mechanical and electrical systems.
Now in 2013, it is bringing on a new life again. Fusion Projects is excited to be the lead and builder of this major renovation of this historic property. The multi-phased project is underway and is located at the heart of downtown Vancouver at 901 Seymour Street. The upper floors were originally a parking garage and are now being transformed into office space. As Fusion builds out the office space they are respecting its history and the integrity of the original architecture by Architects Townley and Matheson.